We know that with so much going on in everyone's lives right now many people forget DPHA has a way to help the children or grandchildren of a member with the cost of college or university. But now that graduations are going on or have already occurred, and before the summer goes into full swing and your attention may be diverted elsewhere, remember DPHA's Council of Fellows is currently accepting applications for its 2018 Alberto Comini Memorial Scholarship Fund. Applications must be received by July 31st, 2018.
The DPHA Council of Fellows established its Memorial Scholarship in 2008 with two primary goals. The first was to honor the memory of an industry leader (in 2018, Alberto Comini), and the second was to provide grants to the children and grandchildren of any employee working at a DPHA dealer, manufacturer, representative agency or professional organization.
- Applicant must be a citizen of a North American country.
- Applicant must be the child or grandchild of a DPHA member employee.
- Applicant must be a high school graduate currently enrolled in a college, university or accredited trade school.
- Applications must be accompanied by a high school transcript, and if in college, a college transcript.
- Applicant must submit a double-spaced typed essay addressing the topic, "Why I Should Be Considered for the DPHA Memorial Scholarship." This essay should not exceed 1,200 words.
- To be considered for the award during a given year, applications must be received at the DPHA office by the close of business July 31, 2018.
- Applicant must fulfill all application requirements and complete the DPHA Memorial Scholarship Application Form.
- Essays will be judged on content, writing skills and adherence to accepted grammatical standards.
- Applicants must be well-rounded students, involved in extracurricular and civic activities and sports.
- The DPHA Council of Fellows reserves the right to interview Scholarship finalists prior to selecting a recipient.